A-5 Sukhwani Park,North Main Road, Koregaon Park, Pune
Stay connected:

BLOG

Dental Resolution

A smile is the prettiest thing anyone can wear and the mouth is an important part of our immune system. Keeping your smile as well as your mouth healthy is necessary. So, for your health’s sake, here are some dental resolutions you should consider for 2018.

1.Eat healthy

A healthy diet is important for maintaining good health as well as dental health. Nutrients in fruits, vegetables, dairy products and whole grains strengthen teeth and prevent bacteria that cause gum disease. This year let’s say NO to junk food and take a step towards a healthy life.

2.Brush at least two times each day.

Brushing is the first defense against dental health problems. You should brush atleast twice a day or it would be best if you do after every meal. Each time you should brush for at least two minutes, using an up and down motion, to properly remove plaque, decay, and gum disease. Brush should replace every three to four months as the frayed and worn bristles are less effective.
Brushing should neither be too soft nor to hard or maybe can do you switch to as electric toothbrush which have high powered bristles that easily get rid of plaque and reaches almost every corner of your mouth.

3.Floss away the decay.

Brushing cover your only 70% of your mouth so for remaining 30% flossing is required. Only flossing can remove plaque between teeth and below the gum line. Stop decay before it leads to gum disease.

4.Control your sweet tooth

Sugary snacks and beverages are your teeth’s worst enemy. When sugars are broken down in your mouth, they produce acids that wear away your enamel and cause tooth decay. The most convenient way to cut back on sugar is to reduce the number of sugary treats you buy. Simple swaps will help you cut back as well: Drink sugar-free seltzer water instead of soda, or chew a piece of sugar-free gum when you have a craving for something sweet.

5.Kick the Habit

Smoking is not only injurious to health but it also doubles the risk for gum disease and is host for many other health issues. Similarly excessive alcohol can lead to gum recession. So take easy on your booze and smoke and your mouth will thank you.

6.Schedule a Dental Appointment

A regular dental checkup is a habit you should pick especially when you have sensitivity or bleeding gums. A dentist knows best about keeping your mouth healthy. Even if you have white healthy teeth which looks and feel fine , visiting a dentist half yearly is best way ensure a clean dental health and your mouth is in good shape.
Dentistry is not expensive, neglect is. So don’t neglect and take these basic prevention methods to have a good healthy mouth and smile.