- Brush At Least 2X Per Day.
- Children should brush for 2 minutes twice a day to avoid cavities and have great oral health.
- Use Fluoride Toothpaste from the Start : The size of a grain of rice before age 3; after age 3, the size of a pea.
- Floss Daily : Flossing dislodges bacteria that builds up over the course of the day and reduces risk of gingivitis.
- Avoid Sugary Drinks : The sugar in them combined with plaque can create an acidic environment which damages teeth and can last up to 30 minutes before saliva’s ions neutralize it. So constant drinking of sugary drinks can increase the chances of tooth decay. At most limit intake to only 4-6 oz. per day.
Take Your Child to the Dentist by Age 1.
This helps identify and prevent any bottle tooth decay AND acclimate them to seeing the dentist regularly.